There are different kinds of supplements, coming in a range of forms. There are vitamins, amino acids, enzymes, extracts from the glands (hormones), and even organ products. They are meant to either keep you from eating, stop you from absorbing the fat you ingest, or help you excrete the fat faster so that your body doesn’t hold onto it in places you don’t want it to be – like around your waistline!
Among the many pills and powders available, including “fat burners” there is little regulation. Some “supplements” have even been banned for causing heart attacks, birth defects, and other serious health concerns, but more commonly these concoctions can cause:
- Trouble Sleeping
- Irregular or Increased Heartrate
- Liver Damage
- Kidney Failure
- Internal and Rectal Bleeding
- High Blood Pressure
- Mood Swings
Is There a Better Way?
We could all use a little help when we want to lose weight, but there may be a better, side-effect-free version of boosting our weight loss and metabolism. For instance:
- Drinking more water has proven to increase thermogenesis the body’s ability to burn its own stored fat. It also increases our metabolism.
- Drinking green tea can increase your body’s metabolism, too. It also happens to fight cancer, and keeps you from aging as fast.
- Sometimes eating more, healthy foods is better than cutting back on unhealthy ones. When we eat enough of the right foods, we are less likely to experience a blood sugar drop which will cause us to reach for fattening, sugary, salty, fried foods.
- Add intervals to your workout to get even more fat burn. If you’re short on time, but can still make it to the gym or a park, add in short 30-90 second spurts of all-out effort to increase your body’s metabolism and burn fat. Studies suggest that this interval training is more effective than a long, slow burn.
- Eat egg yolks. They contain choline, a natural dietary substance that can help your body burn fat more efficiently.
- Skip Diet Sodas. They may be low-calorie but the fake sweetener in them can mess with your hormones and make it harder for your body to control your hunger cravings.
- Eat More Garlic. Just a few cloves of garlic every day can support blood-sugar metabolism and help control lipid (fat) levels in the blood.
- Eat dark chocolate. The flavanoids (plant compounds) in cacao or dark chocolate can help support a healthy metabolism, but also keep your stress levels down so that you don’t emotionally eat. Just make sure to choose one that is low in sugar and has at least an 80% cacao level for the best results.
- Add more lentils to your diet. Lentils contain three important ingredients which can help rev up the metabolism and help the body burn fat: dietary fiber which keeps you feeling fuller longer, protein, which also helps you stay satiated, and iron, which most of us are deficient in. These important compounds in a tiny bean all add to our weight loss goals.
Now Read >> Side effects of Omeprazole and Pantoprazole
Christina L Sarich
She is an experienced and lascivious linguist of the English dialect (American English). She has written over a million words for online health and wellness related forums, blogs, and magazines. She has been featured on sites like Natural Society and InfoWars. She has also been a staff writer for numerous sites, including NationofChange, WakingTimes, MindUnleashed, UndergroundReporter, and NaturalSociety.
Yoga for the New World – http://www.yogaforthenewworld.com
Find Me on Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/christina.sarich
Find Me on Underground Reporter – http://undergroundreporter.org/author/christinas/page/2/
Find Me on Waking Times – http://www.wakingtimes.com/?s=christina+sarich
Find Me on Mind Unleashed – http://themindunleashed.org/2015/07/the-real-reason-fluoride-is-still-added-to-almost-70-of-municipal-water-supplies.html
Find Me on Linkedin – http://www.linkedin.com/pub/christina-sarich/16/bb8/a4b
Find Me on Pinterest – http://pinterest.com/yogichristina/
Find Me on NationofChange – http://www.nationofchange.org/just-how-bad-fukushima-fish-1378302345
“The ability to observe without evaluating is the highest form of
intelligence.” ~ Jiddu Krishnamurti